It's been a busy time for Bird these last few weeks. We've been thrifting like mad, collecting pieces for our market stalls and Asos Boutique collections as well as just generally trying to live and have fun times over the holidays! Its been pretty tricky trying to fit it all in. One thing about running your own business I've learnt is it gets extremely difficult to get everything done withing the time frames you set yourself. Lists get longer and seem never ending, life distracts you or gets put on hold (as my family and friends will sadly concur). The blog has been neglected some what and I do feel sorry for that but I'll be playing cat-up severely over the next few days.
To start with I'd like to share a peak at what the last few weeks have been consumed with.
- Saturdays at Netil Market have now become a BOAW's set weekend Marketplace! Nestled just behind Netil House, the creative hub of London Fields resident artists, designers, crafers and musicians, the market is an eclectic mix of traders selling everything from mouth watering homemade baked goods and international cuisine to vintage fashion and jewelery, antique and retro home ware, hand made crafts, retro collectible items and obscure curiosities. Its a joy to wonder round in the sun on a Saturday morning and the Stalls been a great success so far! Do come down boys and girls and have a meander round post hangover breakfast this weekend!
- The Lovely girls next door to my stall last Saturday! Much fun was had vintage swapping and gossiping about our thrifting hot spots.
- Curious vintage pieces I'm currently lusting after. Does my wardrobe really need a rainbow sequined tasseled bra? Right on for this summers fests me thinks. Better get on honing my winter weakened abs.
- Netil is besieged with gorgeous shoppers on a weekly bases and I've been quick at snapping the inspiring style of shoppers at the Bird On A Wire Vintage stall. This lovely lady who's name I sadly forgot to note down has the cutes of pixie hair cuts no? In a lovely washed out pink, I'm thinking I'll have to take heed and work at my unkempt locks asap!
- Another happy BOAW customer in her 60's mohair jacket, a couple of sizes too big for her tiny little frame but this pixie carried it off to the maxi!
- We've been scouring the country for vintage gems to add to our stall and Asos Marketplace Boutique collections. Our current favorites are Erica'n'Bert the wooden parrot earrings! How cute are this couple?
- Meet Ines and Vanessa, BOAW's new faces? We shot the Salute the Sun collection on what felt like the hottest day of the year so far last Friday!
- A wee sneak peak at the Logo and Identity branding I've been working on with the talented designers at HATO Press. We've at it for weeks now and I'm quite excited to say final decisions are being made as HATO have created a whole new typeface for us as well as unique branding for our online boutiques. All will definitely be revealed very shortly my friends. Stay posted on this one.
- Ahhhhh..... This was taken in the lovely country side village my boyfriend grew up in. A weekend spent at his folks bathed in glorious Sunshine over Easter was a well earned break for me an a quality get-a-way for us together. Rare!