Tuesday 15 March 2011

Treats from the weekend!

Almost forgot to mention what I got up to this weekend. As you now Bird is always on the move and has now set up shop at two brilliant weekend markets. I have been really naughty but not keeping you posted on all this but promise to do so every week from now on. I'll update you with pictures of the stall as well as my finds and purchases at the weekend. 

 So Saturday started with a stall at Netil Market, which is just off Westgate Street in East London, 5 minutes away from the lovely Broadway Market, this is an eclectic mix of stalls catering for vintage lovers and collectors. They have a few gorgeous vintage stalls selling womenwear and then a few selling retro and collectable items like old cameras, clocks, lamps, picture frames, typewriters...you get the gist! Hanbury Hall on Hanbury Street just of Brick Lane (5mins from Spitalfields Market) holds a vintage market with a mix of traders every Sunday from 11pm till 6pm and this is strictly just vintage clothing for both guys and girls. I will not be at Netil this Saturday as I'll be shooting for the Bird On A Wire SS11 collection on Asosmarketplace, but should have a stall at Hanbury on Sunday so if any of you are about do pop in and say hello! There'll be loads of vintage gorgeousness so don't come with an empty pocket. I had two great days this weekend in terms of sales for Bird On A Wire so I decided to treat myself to a few vintage bargains at the markets!
Absolutely adore this shade of mustard, the chunky ribbed neckline and over-sized fit. Planning to wear this as a dress with chunky socks and some chunky heeled workmens boots, perfect for this time of year as its still a little on the chilly side. I've been lusting after a mustard over-sized jumper ever since seeing Alexa Chung in this Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony number. Not Quite the same but closer than I was before!



I've also had my eye on this lovely sheer shirt from American Apparel for ages so imagine how chuffed I was to have spotted this silken stunner of a shirt!

Love the Liberty style floral print on this beauty, perfect shades for me will be pairing it with this Topshop camel ribbed jumper I got for Christmas from my mum!


Just one word for this dress, HOT. Reminds me of the kind of early 90s number you'd see on one of the Clueless girl paired with white socks and chunky heeled loafer shoes. Hmmm....not sure if that's actually a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment