Thursday 17 February 2011

RODARTE

 Days of Heaven is apparently the inspiration behind the Mulleavy sisters latest collection, (cue me hitting the movie download button immediately) although I haven't seen this 1978 Terrance Malick fashion favorite it didn't stop me ooing and ahing whilst clicking my way through the 35 looks on Style.com. I haven't been hugely excited about any of the New York collections I've seen so far but this one my friends is pure vintage inspired gorgeousness from start to finish. Kate and Laura have got it just right and excelled themselves once again!

Made up of just the right mix of full length flowing silk dresses, elegant tailoring, stunning luxurious maxi-coats and a little flash of glitz, Rodarte created a collection with a piece for every girls wardrobe whatever her style. The palette of delicate washed out colours compliment the vintage-feel  crochet, cotton and chiffons of the full skirted high necked dresses. Soft yellow, ocher, washed-out peach, cornflower blue and ivory broken up with a bit of graphic black and a shock of ruby red. 
The dresses are by far my favorites, I'm loving the innocent  1970's Laura Ashley prairie feel and would gladly welcome a pair of the high waisted tapered trousers in the teal green into my wardrobe!
The collection was very artfully but simply styled, I love the mussed up tousled side-swept hair on the models and the calf length woven Indian style boots! Want, Want, Want!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment