Friday 11 March 2011

Salute the sun.

Ok so its finally looking like our cold snap is over and the suns starting to peep out from behind the thick blanket of grey cloud thats been hovering over the nation for what seems like months! Is it me or has this just been the longest coldest winter ever? 

The last couple of days have been a touch warmer, I spotted some blossom which instantly filled me with joy! The clocks are going forward in a couple of weeks, which means an extra hour of day light, yippee! All my favorite fashion mags are publishing some fab spring shoots so its easy to understand why its been bugging me for a while that I don't actually own a proper pair of sunglasses, and when I say a proper pair I mean my £3.99, £1.99 pairs form Primark and H&M definitely don't count. Don't get me wrong I'm not being superficial here, I just mean there comes a time when a girl should invest in a statement pair of face framers! I wear a gorgeous pair of Christian Dior 50's style specs when I'm not in my lenses and love them to bits, but have always been a little scared to invest in an expensive pair of shades due to my track record for either sitting on them, leaving them in parks etc... Alas, I am aging and with age comes responsibility and lusting after quality over quantity. So I've been checking out possibilities. Its time to salute the sun.


Above: Karen Walker a woman literally after my bank balance! This woman can do no wrong in my eyes (no pun intended) and scores top marks by consistently producing to die for Womanswear and Sunglasses collections.  A pair of her shades are enough to change any mere mortal into the hottest thing under the sun. The majority of her collections have roots in vintage but she infuses these classic shapes with some bad ass modern flare. She takes the seriousness out of fashion by playing around with proportions, chunky materials and punchy colours. A lover of the circle frame which she pioneers each season, her current SS11 collection of sunnies are something to be reckoned with!Start saving now!










The above were taken from the current issue of TANK. Love this shoot shot by  VIKTOR VAUTHIER  and styled by the lovely PANDORA LENNARD

Roll on summer days in the park! On that note might take advantage of the rays and go for a quick run down regents canal! Laterz....

4 comments:

  1. I love the top right pair. They're almost cat eye, but thicker. So chic!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these sunnies. My face + sunnies = catastrophe. I'm not sure if it's the shape of my face, but I never can pull off sunnies very well. With these shapes though I might just go and get some anyway because they look so cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the cat eye styled ones. I'd be too afraid to majorly splash out on a pair of sunglasses too, the most expensive ones I own are Rayban Wayfarers. Love the last photo you posted too, shoes are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all pretty amazing, I love the huge round black ones though. I think it's fun to play around with interesting frames.

    ReplyDelete